Due to regulations in shipping Li-Ion batteries, the Play is shipped in a low-charge state - just enough that the battery doesn't go into "sleep mode." After the device has been sitting in the warehouse, then on a shelf in a store, sometimes it just falls asleep. The following method has been extremely effective in reviving any Plays that have fallen in to a deep slumber!
- Connect your Striiv Play to a wall charger using the included USB cable. It is important to use a wall charger as it provides power more quickly than your computer’s USB port, and many computers shut off their USB ports as part of their power saving scheme.
- Using a paper clip, press in until you hear a click and then HOLD DOWN on the reset button for 20 seconds. If you do not hear a click, please try a thinner paper clip. The reset port is on the side of your Striiv Play next to the USB port.
- After releasing the reset button, disconnect the USB cable from the Play.
- Next with the paperclip please press and HOLD DOWN again on the reset button for 20 seconds.
- Once your device turns on, please plug your Striiv Play into a wall charger or PC for 1-2 hours.
Click HERE to see the video tutorial.
Note: Please attempt this procedure at least 2-3 times, as this has been known to work after several attempts.